TryHackMe’s management dashboard allows you to take a copy of any room on TryHackMe and make changes to various settings within the room. This is useful for:
- Creating rooms branded with Organisation’s logos and custom banners
- Customising learning material in rooms by making changes to the written content
- Changing the structure of the room to do one or more of the following things:
- Adding/Removing Scoreboards
- Locking rooms to prevent users from accessing them
Finding A Room To Clone
The first step to do before cloning a room is finding the appropriate room to clone. Rooms can be found on the Learn page in Slack. Within the learn page, these rooms can be found within:
- Modules and Pathways (on the Learn Tab)
- Series (on the Practice Tab)
- General Room List (on the Search Tab)
Once you select a room and open it. You’ll notice that the link of the room is in the format: https://tryhackme.com/room/<ROOMCODE>
The Room Code is a unique identifier given to a room.
For this room https://tryhackme.com/room/adventofcyber3, the room code then becomes the adventofcyber3. This room code is used in the next steps to clone the room.
Cloning A Room
To clone a room, select the Assignments tab on the top. After selecting this tab, select the Clone tab on the left hand side.
To clone a room, use the room code (As shown in the previous steps) and enter this in the Room code text box and click the Clone Room button.
Once the room has been successfully cloned, you will automatically be redirected to the https://tryhackme.com/manage-rooms page when you can search for your cloned room.
This room can then be shared privately or used to create an assignment.